Thursday, July 21, 2011

Changing Minds

  Instead of blogging on today's activities only I have decided to blog on the whole  week.  This week has been incredible.  From day one to today there has been a tremendous amount of learning taking place.  At the same time there have been a sense of comradery between teachers from different disciplines teaching different levels, I wish I could bottle this and use it on all teachers.  As the week has progressed the connections that exist between the Coal Industry and the Cabell County have crystallized for me.  I realize that even if we don't produce Coal we are greatly effected by it. Today we say what can be done.  It is important that we not forget that there are tremendous environmental issues with coal.  Although I was impressed with all of the operations we saw today I harken back to the understanding that everyone puts their best foot forward when they're showing outsiders what they have.  I will stick to a theme we need to seek balance, we can't dismiss the environmentalist at the same time we must not buy what they're selling sight unseen.  I pride myself in seeing both sides of an issue I now believe I have crucial information which will allow me to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment